Ata Patent has assembled an expert team of patent lawyers in Turkey to help clients obtain, protect and enforce intellectual property rights including utility models in Turkey.
Our patent lawyers in Turkey provide a broad range of patent services including; Turkish patent application, registration, and protection such as intellectual property litigation, appeal, opposition, cancellation, assignment, monitoring, search, and licensing.
We Represent Clients in Utility Models in Turkey
While Ata Patent’s client representation ranges from single inventors to large companies, our goal for each client is always the same: to guide our client through the maze of regulations and procedures involved in obtaining a utility model for our clients.
One critical component to developing a utility model portfolio with the greatest possible value to a particular client is to monitor the direction of research and the types of utility models that are being filed. All too often, companies expend resources pursuing non-core technology that does not fit into any identified strategy of the company.
Our firm provides utility model law prosecution and counseling services in a wide range of technical and business areas, in almost every industry, and in both the retail and commercial markets, including consumer products, pharmaceuticals, life sciences and medical technology, manufacturing, financial services, computers, and telecommunications.
Differences between A Patent and Utility Model
No inventive step is sought for the utility models. In addition, no utility model protection is possible for the methods, the products resulted from such methods and chemical substances.
Novelty: Novelty should be absolute. In other words, the invention should not be explicitly expressed in written form or in any other means or used in a manner to be accessed by people all around the world.
Inventive Step: The invention should not be obvious to a person skilled in the field of the invention.
Industrial applicability: the invention should have the ability of practical application rather than theory.
Issuance of utility model certificate is in favor of the applicant in terms of cost and short process time and it is much easier due to the fact that no examination and search procedures are applied.
The utility model is less costly compared with the patent and it is certified in a much shorter time.
In the patent applications to be filed to the Turkish Patent Institute, the description which explains the invention is required, not the product which is the subject of the invention.
Turkish Patent/Utility Model Services
- Preparation and filing of provisional and non-provisional patent applications
- Comprehensive patent prosecution services in Turkish for utility and design patents
- Prosecution of international patent applications under the PCT
- Coordination of patent prosecution in foreign countries and regions
- Counseling on “shop rights”
- Prosecuting interference contests to resolve priority in the invention
- Patent appeals to the Turkish Patent Institute
- Filing and opposing reissue and reexamination applications
- Rendering legal opinions on the strengths and weaknesses of patents
- Rendering legal opinions on patentability, validity, enforceability, and infringement
- Patent infringement litigation in Turkish courts
- Patent appeals before the Turkish Supreme Court
- Patent portfolio audits, counseling, and management
Reach us for Utility Models in Turkey
Since its foundation in 1996, Ata Patent has been the choice of numerous clients throughout the World. At Ata Patent, we partner with our clients to grow their businesses by protecting their intellectual property with strategic planning, customized and scalable solutions, and cost-effective project management.
We prosecute and maintain patents and trademarks across a variety of industries and in multiple countries, and litigate in IP courts and before TPTO.